1.Your LiveJournal "user name": patrick
2. The "name" that you chose to use (if not your USER name): Patrick McFadden. It's my real, actual name, y0! I have nothing to hide.
3. Explain how you picked / why you selected the user picture(s) that you have?
Oh boy, here we go.
Chicken Sandwich Carl!!! It's the state. Need I say more?
A crowded city street in tokyo. I thought the picture was neat. I use it when I feel crowded or nervous.
I'm hiding behind a coach in this picture. I'm so cute.
I was dancing at a party when this picture was taken. It's a really cool profile of me.
I'm a rocker. I rock out.
My default picture. It just happens to be a really good picture of me, i think. I just keep coming back to it as my default.
The black mage from final fantasy 9. I tend to use it when I'm playing lots of video games. The picture is just damn cool, too.
Cannibal the musical icon made by ironmaus. I like to use it when I'm talking about film, or when I'm being silly.
The scary mario picture with my face in there. Spawned from this post.
A fight club picture. I still need to beat up atypical_gnu
- The Stats -
4. date of survey (because things will change as soon as you finish it): June 21st, 2001
account type: Permanent account
If permanent, what did you do to get it - if free, why not a paid account? I got my permanent account because a) I'm the official head honcho of the topic directory and b) bradfitz is a nice guy.
friends of (#): 90
friends (#): 120 (dear lord that makes the friends list move fast)
communities (#): 25
memories (#): 41
posts (#): 2,724
- Your Journal -
5. Why do you have a Journal page? Do you have a Journal page for yourself, your friends, strangers to know you, and/or everyone?
My journal is for me, mostly. It's public because I like to share. It's also for my friends.
6. Why did you pick LiveJournal (LJ) over another service or handwriting?
It was the first journal service I ever saw. I never really was looking for one, but this seemed like a fun thing to do so what the hell. if only I knew that i would be sucked in.
7. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are?
I would say somewhere around an 8 or a 9. I'm honest in it and I've done it for so long that It's hard to hide who I am even If i wanted to.
8. How do you think your LJ represents you the most?
It's my outlet to the world, really. It as a whole represents me.
9. How much about your life do you post to LJ? Is there anything you refuse to post about?
I'm fairly nervous about posting about sex and drug use. Not that there is much of either of that in my life anyways, but still.
10. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
"Other peoples lives seem more interesting cause they ain't mine."
- Modest Mouse
11. From who / how did you find out about LJ?
evan got a livejournal to write loserjabber. I saw it through him. I got mine about a day after he got his if I remember correctly.
12. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
Sure. phatfhorn, mcfmike come to mind first, but I'm sure there are many others.
13. How long have you been a member of LJ?
Date Created: 2000-03-13 23:34:29
14. How often do you post to LJ?
I once figured out my posting average and it was around 6 posts a day. I think it's down a bit from there now, though. Recently I have only been posting 3 or 4 times a day.
15. What proportion of your posts are friends only?
Almost no posts I make are friends only. I think I've made about a total of 6 friends only posts.
16. What is your FAVORITE interest on LJ (no more than 5 please - we'll all just assume that you like all of your listed interests to some degree :-P)?
kill -9, the state, sleep, trent reznor, rachael leigh cook
17. What is your favorite community on LJ? Why?
I'm rather fond of viewaskew. It's all about kevin smith!#!@
lj_dev is interesting, as well.
18. Have you ever learned anything new on LJ?
I've learned a whole lot on lj. It's been a big learning experince.
19. Has anything on LJ ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something?
I think it's made me a whole lot more open to others, mostly. No deep feelings or thoughts have been changed, though.
20. How often do you respond / comment on other peoples journals?
All the time.
21. Do you prefer to write in your Journal, read other Journals, respond to others entries, or get responses to your entries?
Doesn't everyone love getting comments? It makes you feel like people care.
22. What's the longest you've gone without posting to LJ since the day you signed up?
I think I was ljless for one weekend once. I've been fairly consistant, though.
23. What's the longest you've gone without reading LJ since you discovered it?
That same weekend, I didn't read lj. I think that's the longest.
24. What is your favorite post you've ever made to LJ?
Favorite post ever? dear god. um....
I don't think there is a favorite, really. There is a bunch that I like, though. You'll need to look through my memories to see them.
25. What is your favorite post you've ever read on LJ?
This post was really cool. One of the best stories I've ever read. I want to make a movie based on it.
26. What's the weirdest or funniest thing you've seen on LJ?
Too many funny posts to list them. this is what my memories is for.
27. Have you ever specifically asked a question for people to reply to in your Journal (polls included)?
I have done this several times. Polls are fun.
28. Have you ever tried to play the "trace yourself back through friends from a random LJ user" game?
Aye, once, while I was traveling in the arctic sea.
29. Have you ever played the "add a sentence to my post" game?
30. Have you ever lied/fibbed in your journal?
31. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
I've been in arguments before. Never been stalked or harassed, though. At least, not to my knowledge.
32. Have you ever banned someone from your Journal?
33. Has LiveJournal had any significant impact on your life?
It's changed my life forever. really.
- Friends -
34. Who are your favorite LJ friend(s) and why?
bradfitz is quite the interesting guy. russian is really interesting and I enjoy reading her journal right now. There are tons of people on my list that I would never remove from my list so they are favorites as well. Too many to list, though.
35. How many of your LJ friends are your friends in "real life" (you see them regularly)?
near to 30 people, i think.
36. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met (but you don't see them regularly)?
Lots. mobley and devilboy77 come to mind.
37. Have you ever e-mailed or I.M.'d someone you found on LJ?
well duh. of course!
38. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
Most like me? um.. not sure. haven't really found that person yet.
39. Who is the most intelligent or insightful person you know on LJ?
evan is up there on the list in real life as well as lj.
40. Who is the most fun person you know on LJ?
hijinx, hollybear, markle.
I can do three, right?
41. Who is your least favorite / most annoying LJ user or community (WARNING: ANSWER AT YOUR OWN RISK)?
patrick is so annoying. I hate that guy.
42. How do you USUALLY find new friends on LJ?
Comments, meeting them in real life, people adding me to friends lists, and more recently, through communties.
43. Why are you MOST likely to add someone to your friends list?
If someone seems interesting (ie, not annoying) I'll add them. Then the question will be if they have staying power.
44. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first? What is the most likely reason you WOULDN'T add someone to your friends list?
I don't automatically add friends to my journal. I read their journal and if they seem interesting, I add them. Lots of people add me cause they are new users and don't seem to understand the concept of the "friends list" so they add patick because they have a friend in real life named patrick.
45. Do you care if someone adds you to his or her friends list if you add him or her first? Would you remove them from yours if they didn't?
I don't really care.
46. Are there any people's Journals (users / friends), communities, interests, or searches you frequent on LiveJournal that you DON'T or will not list in your user info page?
nakedparts? If i don't list something on my list, I tend to not remember to check out the journal.
- More than Friends on LJ -
47. Is your "Significant Other" on LJ? (If not, do they know you post on LJ?)
I don't have a S.O. :(
But my last girlfriend had a journal. she didn't use it much, though.
48. OTHER than your S.O., who are you the most attracted to on LJ (those who think this question means an instant argument with your S.O. may pass on this question, if you don't have a S.O. just answer it)?
I don't really have any lj crushes right now. People on livejournal are scary. hehe.
49. Who is the sexiest person you know on LJ?
I don't know
50. Have you ever fantasized about someone on LJ?
51. Would you want to know if someone fantasized about you on LJ?
52. Would you date someone you met on LJ?
yea, I would.
53. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
I'm met lots of people on lj. It's fun.
54. Have you ever actually met someone from LJ romantically (or otherwise) and hit it off (or not)?
I have met people but it's never been romanticly.
55. Have you ever posted a naughty picture / post / story on LJ?
does nakedpatparts count? other then that, no.
- Technical LiveJournal -
56. Do you prefer to post from a Client or the Web Interface?
57. Do you use HTML to add extras to your entries? If no, do you know what HTML is?
58. Is your LJ page customized (at all - even from template), template, or default?
I think the current one I'm using isn't customized, but I have made several. For an example, look at my homepage. I've embedded my journal there.
59. Do you usually use the WinAmp music detector, add you music manually, or none at all?
XMMS detection in linux. or sometimes I edit it or something. whatever.
60. How well do you know the LJ features and how to use it (e.g. do you know you could edit or delete old entries, get live updates of your friends page, etc.)?
I use all sorts of things. live updates, lj specific tags, editing with the toolbox, using the portal, etc.
61. What is your favorite LJ feature?
I like the whole friends page thing. that's the big seller for me, actually.
62. What is your least favorite LJ feature (one that you would change or delete if you could)? The feature that lets stupid people have journals. Oh, wait, that?s free speech. Never mind. Due to quent's request, I have left the answer to be the same as collegegirl's response. It's funny. Laugh.
63. What feature would you most like to see added to LJ?
S2 would be cool. or maybe if brad made those changes to the topic directory that I asked if he could do. that would be cool.
64. What moods would you most like to see added to LJ?
I don't worry about it.
65. "One day the directory will work again." How long until YOU believe until that day will come?
it will be back someday. I don't use it much so I don't whine about it.
66. On a scale of 1-100, rate the LJ for convenience, usefulness, and coolness factor:
96. so damn cool. it's changed my life forever.
Now that I finished that, I'm going to head out to seattle for carley's birthday dinner at red robin. yay!